This course has been developed for multinational organizations in all sectors working in accordance with international standards or directives but adapting to local needs. It provides organizations with a global presence seeking to adopt an internationally recognized health and safety training programme for its staff. The Certificate is an internationally recognized qualification and provides an excellent basic grounding in the essentials of health & safety for personnel accountable for these responsibilities in their organization.
Who this course is for
The Certificate is for all personnel including managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists etc with health & safety responsibilities, who need a well grounded and recognized qualification in occupational safety & health.
What Does this Course Cover?
After successfully completing the course the manager will be better able to:
- Understand best practice standards through HSG65, 18001, moral & economic requirements & implications for good standards in health & safety within an organization.
- Develop, promote & communicate an effective health & safety culture in an organization.
- Identify the key features of a health & safety policy, the preparations & performance review of a health & safety audit.
- Understand the importance of proactive & reactive health & safety monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace & carry out risk assessments, record findings & review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks & applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards & consequential risks, advise on measures to minimize fire risks & develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work & the environment & recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes & procedures for investigating & reporting accidents at work.
Delegates are awarded the Certificate on successful completion of two 2-hour written papers: Management of Safety & Health, Controlling Hazards and a practical assessment.
Course Content & Scope
This programme is a Ten days course:
Day 1 Module:
- Registration and Coffee
- Welcome And Introductions
- Objectives of NEBOSH
- Explanation Of Syllabus
- Health and Safety Foundations
Day 2 Module:
- Organizing for health and safety
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
Day 3 Module:
- Outline the aim and objectives of risk assessment and give examples of common hazards
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture (cont'd)
- Risk Assessment
Day 4 Module:
- Principles of control
- Incident Investigation, Recording and Reporting
Day 5 Module:
- Incident Investigation, Recording and Reporting (cont'd)
- Monitoring, Review and Audit
Day 6 Module:
- Welcome Back
- Movement of People and Vehicles – Hazards and Control
- Manual and Mechanical Handling Hazards and Control.
Day 7 Module:
- Work Equipment
Day 8 Module:
- Electrical Hazards and Control
- Fire Hazards and Control
Day 9 Module:
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Control
Day 10 Module:
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Control (cont'd)
- Construction Activities – Hazards and Control
- Briefing on the Practical Assessment
- Management of Safety & Health
- Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Practical Assessment