The New NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma is replacing the existing Diplomas Part 1 & 2 in line with revised ENTO standards. It is a 6 block release spread over 11 months with the course content divided into 4 units which are: Units A, B, C and D. All aspects of the qualification have been improved to benefit delegates & employers.
Who is this course for?
The Level 6 Diploma is designed for individuals who want to progress their career in health & safety & develop more in-depth knowledge & skills aiming to become health & safety practitioners.
What will I gain from this qualification?
After successfully completing the course the delegate will:
Be able to use the designatory letters Dip.OSH after their name Gain membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (MIOSH) subject to practical experience. Be able to provide detailed advice for health & safety issues in line with current legislation & HSE guidance. Be able to assist the organisation in continual health & safety management and control measures. Have a broad range of detailed knowledge & the application of key health & safety issues.
After successful completion of the course delegates will be able to use the designatory letters Dip.OSH after their name and MIOSH, corporate membership of IOSH, subject to practical experience.
Course Content & Scope
Unit A: Managing Health & Safety
- A1 Principles of health and safety management
- A2 Loss causation and prevention in the workplace
- A3 Assessing and evaluating risk
- A4 Systems approach for controlling risk
- A5 Organizational factors
- A6 Human factors
- A7 Principles of health and safety law
- A8 Criminal law
- A9 Civil law
- A10 Measuring health and safety performance
Unit B: Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
- B1 General aspects of occupational health and hygiene
- B2 Principles of Toxicology and Epidemiology
- B3 Chemical Agents – Evaluating Risk
- B4 Hazardous Substances – Preventative and Protective Measures
- B5 Hazardous Substances – Monitoring and Maintenance of Control Measures
- B6 Biological Agents
- B7 Physical Agents (1) – Noise and Vibration
- B8 Physical Agents (2) – Radiation and Thermal
- B9 Psycho-social Agents
- B10 Ergonomic agents
Unit C: Workplace & Work Equipment
- C1 General workplace issues
- C2 Principles of fire and explosion
- C3 Workplace fire precautions
- C4 Chemical process safety and storage of flammables
- C5 Work equipment
- C6 Machinery safety
- C7 Mechanical handling
- C8 Electrical safety
- C9 Safety in construction and demolition
- C10 Environmental pollution and waste management